More SCO: comments and the fight continues
We cannot get away from SCO. It was a watershed summit. I say again, that we have an organized, developed, secure, stable, and mature organization that can challenge the rules-based international order and is militarily and economically able to do so.
Many do not understand how this SCO Summit was structured. It was not a question of a summit meeting and then a meet the press. Someone asked me for President Putin’s SCO speech, but, he made a number of speeches. The so-called sideline meetings became the SCO. Then we have Xi Jinping, who made more than that. This is an indicator that all the work was done pre-summit and this was a confirmatory and celebratory meeting. This is President Putin’s list of speeches, and each of these had some new information:
September 16, Friday
News conference following visit to Uzbekistan September 16, 2022, 19:00 Samarkand
Meeting with President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev September 16, 2022, 18:15 Samarkand
Meeting with President of Turkiye Recep Tayyip Erdogan September 16, 2022, 17:30 Samarkand
Meeting with Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi September 16, 2022, 16:25 Samarkand
Meeting of the SCO Heads of State Council September 16, 2022, 13:05 Samarkand
September 15, Thursday
Ceremony to present Order of Alexander Nevsky to President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev September 15, 2022, 17:30 Samarkand
Meeting with President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev September 15, 2022, 16:45 Samarkand
Meeting with PRC President Xi Jinping and President of Mongolia Ukhnaagiin Khurelsukh September 15, 2022, 15:40 Samarkand
Meeting with PRC President Xi Jinping September 15, 2022, 14:20 Samarkand
Meeting with Prime Minister of Pakistan Shehbaz Sharif September 15, 2022, 13:10 Samarkand
Meeting with President of Iran Seyyed Ebrahim Raisi September 15, 2022, 12:30 Samarkand
Meeting with President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov September 15, 2022, 11:45 Samarkand
Meeting with President of Kyrgyz Republic Sadyr Japarov September 15, 2022, 11:00 Samarkand
Xi Jinping’s speeches looked like this, not including his State visits to Kazakstan and Uzbekistan.
- President Xi Jinping Attends the 22nd Meeting of the SCO Council of Heads of State and Delivers Important Remarks (2022-09-16)
- Ride on the Trend of the Times and Enhance Solidarity and Cooperation to Embrace a Better Future (2022-09-16)
- President Xi Jinping Attends the Restricted Session of the 22nd Meeting of the Council of Heads of State of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (2022-09-16)
- President Xi Jinping Meets Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif (2022-09-16)
- President Xi Jinping Meets with President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan of Türkiye (2022-09-16)
- President Xi Jinping Meets Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi (2022-09-16)
- A Trip that Pointed the Way Forward in Turbulent Times and Reinvigorated the Ancient Silk Road (2022-09-17)
- Wang Yi to Attend the General Debate of the 77th Session of the United Nations General Assembly and Related High-level Events (2022-09-17)
- President Xi Jinping Meets with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev (2022-09-16)
- President Xi Jinping Meets with Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko (2022-09-16)
- President Xi Jinping Attends Sixth Meeting of Heads of State of China, Russia and Mongolia (2022-09-16)
- Wang Qishan Attends the Reception Marking the 100th Anniversary of King Father Norodom Sihanouk’s Birthday (2022-09-15)
- President Xi Jinping Meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin (2022-09-15)
- President Xi Jinping Accepts the Order of Friendship Conferred by Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev (2022-09-15)
- President Xi Jinping Holds Talks with President Shavkat Mirziyoyev of Uzbekistan (2022-09-15)
- President Xi Jinping Meets with Tajik President Emomali Rahmon (2022-09-15)
- President Xi Jinping Meets with Turkmen President Serdar Berdymukhamedov (2022-09-15)
- President Xi Jinping Meets with Kyrgyz President Sadyr Zhaparov (2022-09-15)
This does not include the bilateral meetings between the countries and the parties. There is a massive amount of information to understand here.
We also have a partial view of the new world economy.
- Member countries agreed to take steps to increase the use of national currencies in trade, “Interested SCO member states” agreed on a “roadmap for the gradual increase in the share of national currencies in mutual settlements”.
- State Bank of India, the country’s largest lender, is opening special rupee accounts to handle Russia-related trade settlements.
- Russian natural gas to Türkiye will be paid 25% in Russian rubles & Turkish Lira. Erdogan reportedly asked Putin for a 25% discount on gas.
Moves prior to the SCO summit:
- Russian bank, VTB launches money transfers to China in yuan, bypassing SWIFT. Sberbank has started lending out money in yuan.
- Gazprom moves payments for gas exports to China away from USD/Euros and shift to rubles & yuan (split evenly).
- Iran and Russia are unifying banking systems for trade in ruble/rial currency pair.
The Latin American world is content. They know that this is the correct direction to go. A few comments:
Nicholas Maduro found the correct nomenclature.
Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro said that the meeting held Thursday by his counterparts from Russia, Vladimir Putin, and China, Xi Jinping, ratifies integration and the multipolar world of the 21st century.
“The 21st century is the century of integration, of the multipolar world, of the pluricentric world; today, two giants ratified it in the framework of the Summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, the president of the People’s Republic of China, Xi Jinping, our friend and elder brother; and the president of Russia, our friend and elder brother, Vladimir Putin, China and Russia, two powers of the 21st century”, said Maduro during an address. He called it
the century of the new balance of the universe
Maduro stressed that the meeting between Putin and Jinping was favorable, for which he said no one could avoid integration. “They will not be able to avoid it, they could not and will not be able to, the 21st century will be of the pluripolar world, the century of the new balance of the universe (…)
Bolivia’s ex-President Evo says the SCO (including China, Russia, India, Pakistan, Central Asia, Iran) provides an “alternative” for “world peace” He calls it
“the path of free peoples toward a just world order as an alternative” to “US interventionism”
On the final day of the SCO, Mexico celebrated its independence day, full of pomp and circumstance. Among other invited guests, Assange’s parents were also invited and Assange was given the ‘keys to the city’. AMLO was up on the podium shouting the ‘grita’, the call of and for independence, which is both fun and very moving. AMLO went much further than this. He put forward a well-constructed draft peace agreement for Russia and the Ukraine.
From Africa, the South African president made this comment while on a State visit to Washington.
After meeting with US President Joe Biden on Friday, Ramaphosa spoke with reporters about the bill, the Countering Malign Russian Activities in Africa Act, saying the measure “will harm Africa and marginalize the continent.”
“We should not be told by anyone who we can associate with,” he added, noting South Africa’s long-held policy of non-alignment among world powers.
These comments epitomize this SCO summit and its value to the rest of the world. For the first time in a very long time, there is a visible and positive trend globally, although Empire is striking back hard by ginning up shooting incidents, disruption, and misery, wherever they can.
Nancy Pelosi turned up in Armenia, where she initially oh so innocently went to visit the Kafesjian Museum, nevertheless commenting that the US will provide support to Armenia and she is in particular ready to hear Yerevan’s needs in the Defense sector. Armenia is being encouraged to withdraw from the CSTO.
Nancy Pelosi: Russia failed to protect the sovereignty of Armenia. (Can one actually take this old canard seriously? It does however perfectly illustrate the war for countries and setting them up to fight among themselves where the empire plans to swoop in and take the plunder.)
There is immediate action though: A Russian delegation arrived in Yerevan to participate in the 9th Russian-Armenian Interregional Forum – Moscow aims to develop ties with Yerevan and solve economic problems in the process, these are not just sugar-coated words – Deputy Prime Minister of Russian-Eurasian Integration Alexey Overchuk.
In a 2019 RAND Corporation Paper titled, “Extending Russia,” Chapter 4 under Geopolitical measures we find: “This chapter describes six possible U.S. moves in the current geopolitical competition: providing lethal arms to Ukraine, resuming support to the Syrian rebels, promoting regime change in Belarus, exploiting Armenian and Azeri tensions, intensifying attention to Central Asia, and isolating Transnistria (a Russian-occupied enclave within Moldova).”
There is no “coincidence” regarding the multiplying conflicts appearing along Russia’s periphery and whatever emerges from Washington is that of the world’s most criminal state.
The EU is hitting back hard at Hungary where the European Commission is considering the possibility of freezing Hungary’s financing from the EU budget in the amount of up to 7.5 billion euros, according to an EC representative. Of course, Orban is not obeying the empirical dictat and refuses to shoot Hungry in the foot by agreeing to EU energy sanctions against Russia and refuses to agree to an extension of sanctions.
In Serbia, despite strong opposition, the U.S. Ambassador to Serbia, Christopher R. Hill played an influential role in generating international pressure to force the Serbian government to allow EuroPride parades. In this way, the empire is attempting to break down cultural norms and values. The event was held and this U.S. Ambassador said that LGBT pride affirms “Serbia’s European future,” despite poor turnout and half the EuroPride supporters being foreign diplomats and politicians.
The peoples of the world that have been in an emergent state have now visibly emerged as a collection of strong multipolar powers and are content with the trajectory, but everyone understands that we now have a bigger fight on our hands. Xi Jinping’s comment at SCO that the countries should be wary of color revolutions is a clear warning.
This SCO summit provided to the real world outside of the empirical circle, the courage to speak out even more than before. And so the real world is showing its support in material ways.
Keep Working Brothers and Sisters.
Pepe Escobar with his old Elvis ditty song (that truly is questionable in terms of construction but funny), demonstrates the elation in the real world, outside of empire.
RED AND BLUE SUEDE SCO SHOES
And it’s one for the money:
(Power of Siberia-2 is the new superstar. Drop dead Nord Stream 2)
Two for the show:
(The Sultan has seen the light and is DYIN’ to get into the SCO)
Three to get ready
Now go SCO go.
…step on the SCO shoes.
You can do anything…
…But lay off from the SCO shoes.
I had to work quite hard to figure out how SCO actually works. They talk about it being a framework and forum with members who endorse the movement to a multi-polar world order. I looked back at the previous meeting almost exactly a year ago in Burbansk. There too they… Read more »